Tuesday 29 July 2008

I lost my wisdom (tooth)

So I went to the dentsit and she looked in mouth and said "it's growing completly sideways, its not that big we can take it out now if you want?" Being the manly man I am I said "oooo how long's it going to take I have to be somewhere soon" (A bare faced lie, my dat consisted of going to the dentist and watch tv) "About 5 minutes " she replied; "SHIT!" I thought I can't say I don't have time now. She gave me 4 injections one of them hurt me and I pulled her hand away from my mouth, after the 4th injection she said go wait in the waiting room for a couple of minutes.

The second I got in the room i was ringing everyone I knew I was scared it was going to hurt a lot! To make things even more scary some sikh woman walked in with a beard! that was making me feel scared, disgusted and cringe-worthy all at the same time, she was a clearner and has she bent down to pick the bag out of the bin what did i see? A SWORD!!

"Michael" The recpetionist called me and in i went, i told the dentist I was scared because everyone I spoke to had said wisdom teeth removal hurts, she explained to me that only the bottom ones really hurt because there big and you normally need to go to the hospital to have them removed.

She explained she would be making some room in my mouth to be able to get to the tooth, I was having nodding that I agreed then joked I better not nod when you start drilling, the dental nurse laughed I thought "Thats no joke!"

The dentist put something in my mouth and started twisting "oh god " I said ( well actually it sounded more like "arr gaaard" because of the thing in my mouth) as I heard a tooth crumble and crack, "don't worry if you hear a cracking noise" she could have said that before making the cracking noise!

I started bleeding a lot and i heard her say "ooops! " she put some tissue in my mouth and said bite down hard as you can, each time she put it in I started to gag and she tried with another piece, at one point i pulled it out of my mouth to see my hand covered in blood and a peiece of tooth on my finger.

She told me I had a strong (weak?) gagging reflex so i had to calm down eventually she got in in my mouth and said "ok come back in a few weeks for a filling" "Have you taken the tooth out?" I asked, apperently all the cracking was her pulling the tooth out! no drilling! It didn't even hurt at all!! The worst part was me gagging.

The nurse showed me the tooth, I asked if I could keep it, she probably thought I was slow because she put it in a tooth fairly bag! And that was it! the dentsit said keep biting the tissue for ten minutes but in my case as long as i can stand it in my mouth, she explained the socket was bleeding so don't spit or drink for four hours.

I was really happy it didn't hurt at all and only took five minutes! I kept the tissue in my mouth well I got the bus to town (probably looked like I had been in a fight..and lost) when I took it out it was caked in blood but I felt fine and I didn't even have a numb mouth so it didn't feel weird.

So if anyone is reading this who is about to have a wisdom tooth out then don't worry because it doesn't hurt at all, and you get a cool tooth fairy bag! Below is some pictures of my tooth, I don't think they do them justice because the woman said it was not that big, then I turned to see the tooth and thought thats huge!

No comments: